4.01.2013

"Healthier" Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce

Recipe from: flouronmyface.com

If you saw our "A" date post from last week, you'll know we made Fettuccine Alfredo for dinner! This is the recipe we used, which seemed to have a little less fattening stuff than a lot of recipes :p We'll use a little bit less salt next time, but otherwise it was wonderful! 
Ingredients: 
- 1 (1 lb) box of Fettuccine noodles, cooked
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (I think we'll use 1/2 teaspoon next time)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese

Directions: 
1. In a medium sized pot, heat butter, salt, and pepper over a medium heat.
2. Once butter has melted, add the flour and whisk until smooth.
3. Slowly pour in the milk in and whisk.
4. Turn heat up a little bit, to medium-high.
5. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. (Add more cheese if the taste isn't strong enough for you)
6. Continue whisking about 5-7 minutes until sauce has thickened. 
    Sauce will continue to thicken a bit as it cools 

We dished out the pasta, and then added our own sauce, but you could also mix the pasta and sauce together and then dish it out like that. We also served with these easy dinner rolls!





4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I make a similar one but without using flour. Sometimes, though, I will make my "special" one with regular heavy cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for some other informative site. Where else may just I am getting that kind of info written in such
    a perfect method? I've a project that I'm simply now operating on, and I've been at the look out for such info.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog: Air Jordan Femme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any suggestions?

    My website Michael Kors Handbags

    ReplyDelete