2.04.2013

Super Bowl Series: Cupcake Recap!

Obviously, this morning I am very happy! We are huge Ravens fans, so it was pretty exciting! I love making cupcakes, and I love trying new ways to decorate them! So here's what our cupcakes for Super Bowl looked like :)
I used white cake mix, and store bought frosting for these :p I was just too lazy! But I did make the chocolate cupcakes from scratch, and this is the only recipe we use! It's amazing, and they stay moist for a very long time. Just looove them! ;) 

Chocolate Cupcakes: 
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (sifted)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

1. Line cupcake tins and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
2. In a small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Sift cocoa into a medium size bowl. Pour in the cup of hot water, and whisk until completely dissolved.
4. Add buttermilk, then add sugar, and whisk until combined.
5. Add eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix again.
6. Take flour mixture and whisk until wet mixture. 
7. Stir in heavy cream until evenly mixed in. 
8. Pour batter into cupcake tins, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. 
9. Let cupcakes cool completely. 
10. Chill in fridge for around 20 minutes. Then frost.

I also did two DIY projects for the Super Bowl! The football utensil jars and the penalty flag center piece. Both are pictured in the top picture and are super easy for any kind of football party! :) 

16 comments:

  1. Love your Super Bowl snack section. I failed miserably in that department!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! We made football cake bites. They were super cute. Lovin all your other superbowl stuff too!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Your set up is too cute! It looks like so much fun :) I am loving your blog by the way, I saw your badge on another blog and noticed the rainbow umbrella right away (I am a huge rainbow lover, haha). I am following you along now :)

    xo, Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from Olive & Ivy's blog! Gah love those!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm coming from Olive & Ivy!
    I love the ideas...I'll have a sports party this year and will keep this ideas on my mind ;) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are soooo cute, and look so delicious! Stopping by from Olive and Ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cupcakes look very delicious! Stopping by from Olive & Ivy, I'm your newest follower!

    www.lifeunpublished.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Bowl Sunday parties are so fun. And those cupcakes! Perfect for the occasion! Anything chocolate is a winner in my book. New follower... Olive & Ivy sent me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the recipe !

    new follower come from olive & Ivy :D
    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! These look so delicious and fun!! I loved your Newlywed game post too! New follower via Olive & Ivy! XO Courtney
    http://www.baxtronlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the cutest idea I've seen for the superbowl! So sad it's already over!
    I'm one of your new followers via Olive&Ivy, and I think I'm already addicted to your cute ideas!
    xoxo from Germany!
    Meli

    ReplyDelete
  12. im from olive & ivy ! :D

    lovely cute cupcakes ! xD

    catherine-wjj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those football cupcakes! Dropping by from olive & ivy :)

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete