3.20.2013

Easy Dinner Rolls

Recipe from: thebakerupstairs.com

This weekend we had a little date night, (more on that next week) and I thought it would be the perfect time to try this recipe out. I've never made any kind of bread from scratch, so I thought these would be a good place to start. We're trying to eat more "real" foods, and the rolls we usually eat are the ones that are from the frozen food aisle, so that was our motivation in learning to make these beauties. And let me tell ya, these are super easy! I can't wait to make them again :) 

Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups - 4 cups flour

Directions: 
1. In a large bowl, mix together water, yeast, and sugar
2. Let stand until frothy (about 5 minutes)
3. Add the oil, salt, and 2 cups of flour. Mix until well combined
4. Stir the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough starts to pull away from the bowl and isn't sticky anymore.
5. Continue to knead the dough until elastic
6. Place dough into a greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth
7. Let rise until dough is doubled in size (about an hour)
8. Punch down dough
9. Lay dough on floured surface.
10. Preheat oven to 375
11. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
12. Divide dough into 12 equal sized pieces 
13. Divide those 12 pieces into 2 equal sized pieces
14. Shape each piece into a ball, and add two balls into each well in the muffin tin
15. Bake 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these look SO GOOD. YUM YUM YUM

    You have a package on the way! :) I had so much fun shopping for you. It's hard to stop with all the T madness! hee hee.

    Follow your package at www.usps.com
    9505 5109 4738 3077 6179 75

    I hope it gets there QUICK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I have ventured over from another blog where I saw your button. I'm enjoying this little peek into your world! Just lovely!

    I’m hosting a super duper group giveaway, on my blog. Don’t miss out! And if you’d like to be a co-host on my next giveaway, I would be honored!

    XOXO, Mandi @ All My Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something about making bread that truly excites me... your first dinner rolls sure look really yummy. When I was young, my brother tried making some bread but we ended up with balls of hard rock dough. :D glad to know you succeeded in this one :)

    Vee
    http://nicajoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete